Sunday, March 3, 2013

February C4K

 Books and an apple February 8th, Post 1

For this week I was assigned a 9th grade student of Fairhope High school World History. My student Clara, wrote about WWI and the badges the soldiers deserved. She described the men and women deserving badges of honor for surviving the war and risking their lives. Clara's blog was very well written. I told my student that I loved her idea of sending the family of fallen soldiers a badge too. This was very thoughtful of her.

February 15, Post 2

My student Jasmin wrote about homework, and how much she likes it. She only likes it though, because her teacher does not assign that much homework. In her post, she also talked about how she enjoys to read. She enjoys reading out loud because it makes her feel like a teacher and that is what she wants to be when she grows up. I love that she has that passion so young in life! I commented on her blog expressing my passion for reading and teaching as well. Passion is what sparks dreams and fuels goals. I could tell from her post this will be a life goal for her.

February 20, Post 3

This week I was assigned a 6th grade student from Pt England School. Marama's blog post was about her Wednesday, and a very eventful Wednesday it was. She descriptively wrote about her day at the beach. She blogged about her "hot boiling day where she was sweating like a warthog". Her Mum took her to the beach to cool off and there were "heaps of kids bombing of the rocks". I commented on Marama's blog telling her how well descriptive her writing was. I also told her that I live at the beach too and how it is one of my favorite places to go.

February 26, Post 4

My last student I was assigned this month was a 9th grade student at Baldwin County High School. This students post was only a few lines, but it got across what he wanted to say. "i express myself through the clothes i wear. also through i hard i play and work during sports. express myself through they type of haircuts i get. have lots of ways that i express myself." I commented telling him that it is important to be able to express of selves. I also told him a few ways I express my self. And for a good giggle I had to tell him "Go Bears" since he plays sports and he plays against my alumni. #3

No comments:

Post a Comment