Thursday, March 7, 2013

C4T February


Post 3

The second teacher I was assigned for C4T was Principal Vincentsen. She is an Elementary school principal in Massachusetts. The first blog post I commented on was Capturing Struggling Readers. In this blog, Principal Vincentsen informs her readers about the benefits of audio books. "Audio books allow us to foster a love for literature separately from the mechanics of reading. This is essential in motivating struggling readers. Audio books also allow children to read independently and enjoy the same titles as their peers.", Principal Vincentsen. She also lists many sources for audio books in her blog including the public library, BookShare, Learning Ally, and more. I expressed to her that I had not realized before reading her blog how beneficial audio books could be. Especially for children with disabilities. With her resources I did a little digging and found some free sites that I have added to my "teaching" binder. It is filled with ideas and resources that I had found over the past few semesters that will benefit my future classroom.

Post 4

For my C4T post 4, I commented on another blog post of Principal Vincentsen. This post was an email that she sent out to the parents of her school. In her email "Thank you Dr. King", she writes about how powerful looking back on our past can be. As a country and as people we have come so far in 59 years. "It is astonishing to me that it was only 58 years ago (1954) that the Supreme Court ruled in Brown v. Bd. of Education that the doctrine of “separate but equal” has no place in the sphere of public education.", Principal Vincentsen, January 16, 2012. I have posted a video Principal Vincentsen posted on her blog. It truly gave me chills when I watched it. She is right. I could not be more proud of how far we have come as a nation and I know we are still moving forward! We are extremely fortunate to live in a society that is striving for progression of all things. She ended her email with a powerful quote, "“What the best and wisest parent wants for his own child, that must the community want for all its children.” John Dewey".



I have also decided to add another video thanks to the oh so great Carly Pugh. I watched this as part of our Blog Post 7 assignment and thought it would benefit my readers! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment