Friday, February 8, 2013

Blog Post 4

Lanwitches

Podcast

Using a podcast in a classroom has never crossed my mind. Langwitches uses podcast in her first grade classroom. Reading her blog will open your eyes to a whole new world of pod-casting with a learning environment. Practical Principals is a blog that has many links for pod-casting that provides updates whenever there is new content. FeedBurner makes it easy to receive content updates in popular pod-catchers.

There are many benefits of pod-casting in a classroom. Pod-casting is an effective way of interacting with students outside the class room. While reading through one of the blog posts, I came across a comment a teacher left. "I teach Grade One in Doha, Qatar (in the Middle East) and we will be starting to read some Magic Tree House stories soon. I will make sure we read the one on Pompeii, then I can take a little break because when my children listen to your podcast, YOU will be the teachers instead of me … you know much more about Pompeii than I do! I know my children will love hearing your podcast and I know they will want to do one too. Thanks so much for for being so awesome!" Knowing that she is using a podcast as a resource in her classroom to benefit her students is mind blowing. I came from a small town where things like this was just not known in the educational world. The idea I really like about using it in my future classroom is knowing that the parents can actually see and hear what their children are learning in school. I know if I was a parent I would love to be able to do that.

1 comment: